Title: Project Assistant
The African Institute for Health and Development (AIHD) is a non‐profit, non‐governmental organization (NGO) established in June 2004 in Nairobi, Kenya by a group of accomplished African researchers and academicians. The Institute’s main focus is on implementing evidence-based programming, conducting research, training and advocacy on health and development issues that are contextually relevant to Kenya and the African continent. In partnership with local, national, regional and international partners, the Institute seeks to influence policy formulation on key development issues including health, social protection, poverty alleviation, gender, nutrition, and health promotion.
What we are looking for: We seek to recruit a Project Assistant to support the Programmes’ Department.
Contract Duration: 6 months
Job location: Nairobi
- Assist in managing the planning and implementation of projects within an agreed cost, timeframe, quality standard and scope.
- Track, manage and report on project progress in regards to: deliverables, timeframes, quality and risks to all stakeholders.
- Proactively support members of the project from both internal teams and external teams
- Remains responsible for the ultimate compliance towards agreed deadlines and deliverables through decision making, problem solving, nurturing communication and collaboration and executing professional acumen on large size projects or several projects simultaneously.
- Perform other job tasks assigned to you by the management in relation to their competence and professional responsibilities
- Must be a holder of a Degree in Social Sciences, Public Health or related field from a recognized institution.
- 2-3 years’ experience in project management.
- Must have demonstrated ability to successfully establish effective interpersonal relationships with a variety of management and staff and work independently toward project deliverables.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should apply through email with a cover letter and a detailed C.V. with addresses of three referees to this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org and a copy to email@example.com not later than 26th February 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.